Re: Building base on debian

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Re: Building base on debian
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 18:14:43 +0100

Hello Nicola,

Are you sure that you don't have multiple conflicting gnustep-make installations ? ;-) If not, are you sure that your gnustep-make is up-to-date with your gnustep-base ?

There indeed was some GNUstep stuff installed by aptitude.

In conclusion, I suggest starting from scratch (ie, rm -Rf /opt/GNUstep, rm -Rf /usr/GNUstep, rm -Rf /etc/GNUstep), making sure there is no old GNUstep stuff on your system anywhere, then get your clean gnustep-make/gnustep-base sources with the exact same version you're using on Solaris and build from scratch.

No reason why that shouldn't work, but if it doesn't, please post your logs again
(including the gnustep-make ones this time!) ;-)

I removed all these packages, started from scratch and this time it worked.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

  Andreas