Re: GNUmail+cairo Backtrace

From: Ingolf Jandt
Subject: Re: GNUmail+cairo Backtrace
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 15:30:53 +0100

"Fred Kiefer" <FredKiefer@gmx.de> schrieb am 25.02.2007 12:08:32:
> What is surprising is that this issue should only pop up for the cairo
> backend.
Yes. It comes up only with cairo. And I have tried it out as a new user to make
sure it none of my settings, so it also cannot be due to the number of messages.

>Do you have any idea on this?
I have only a vague idea of how the GNUStep sources work and no idea of the
GNUMail sources. But my investigation so far indicates it is not a problem of
NSTableView.m. At some point GNUMail sets the row height (for the message
table) to 0. I have experimentally enclosed the -setRowHeigth: implementation
with "if (rowHeight > 0.0) {...}" and GNUMail starts. (And works well except
for the known scrolling shortcomings.) -- And I had hoped this could be solved
without digging into the GNUMail sources.

Have nice day in Brussels
 Ingolf.