Re: Make fails on a GNUstep Debian etch distribution

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Make fails on a GNUstep Debian etch distribution
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 23:16:25 +0100 (CET)

You seem to be using the new (experimental) FHS layout support.  Nice! :-)

But in that case, GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DIR is no longer the right way
to choose the installation domain.  You need to use

GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DOMAIN = SYSTEM

instead! ;-)  So, your options are:

 1. use the traditional GNUstep filesystem layout, and you can keep using
your GNUmakefiles without changes

 2. use the new FHS filesystem layout, in which case you need to use
GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DOMAIN instead of GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DIR (and you
also need to use gnustep-make from trunk, since GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DOMAIN
doesn't work with older gnustep-makes)

Thanks