NSWorkspace -launchedApplications does not track crashed applications

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: NSWorkspace -launchedApplications does not track crashed applications
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 22:46:44 -0700

I notice that if an application terminates abnormally,
NSWorkspace won't know it and -laucnhedApplications still return that
application.
The only way I can think about of tracking crashed application
is to use NSConnection to it, but I guess it is less efficient.
It is very easy to test. Just start an application from command line
and use Ctrl-C to terminate it.
NSWorkspace still think it is running.

Any suggestion ?
Thanx.