Spreading the word (was: Re: Google Summer of Code 2007)

From: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
Subject: Spreading the word (was: Re: Google Summer of Code 2007)
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 21:20:18 +0100

Am 15.03.2007 um 20:42 schrieb Adam Fedor:

Good News! GNUstep was accepted as an organization in Google's Summer of Code 2007. Now the work begins. Please go to the SOC wiki page:

http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/Summer_Of_Code_2007

I need people to:

1) Go through the project list carefully and make sure the projects are relevant and useful and everything we need is there
2) Sign up to be mentors!
3) Sign up to be students.

Somebody blogging (ideally somebody who blogs on a regular base and has a blog that supports digg) should blog about this and then we could try to get into the limelight here http://digg.com/programming. We would need about 40 to 50 diggs to get to the frontpage then (should be no problem if everybody here helps "digging").

Btw. KDE already does this: http://digg.com/programming/ KDE_participating_in_Google_Summer_of_Code_2007

Thanks.

regards, Lars