NSImageView as PDF previewer

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: NSImageView as PDF previewer
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 14:42:12 +0100

Hello all,

in our app we use a little NSImageView on the Invoice Form to let the user see a preview of the generated invoice (PDF). The association between the image view and the displayGroup does

NSImage *image = [[NSImage alloc] initWithData:(NSData *)value];
            [(NSImageView *)_displayObject setImage:image];
            [image release];

where value is PDF data read with [NSData dataWithContentsOfFile:...]. On MacOSX one can see the PDF in the image view (scaled down). Very neat! This does not work under GNUstep. Anybody know what the problem is, why this does not work with GNUstep and what had to be done to make it work?

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

  Andreas