Bugs I've ran into...

From: Stefan Bidigaray
Subject: Bugs I've ran into...
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 10:32:32 -0400

Hey, I was just able to build some Slackware packages, they're already in the incoming folder and should soon be in the proper place for download, I'd really appreciate it if people would check to make sure they're working like they should.

On that note, I've ran into some bugs that I have no idea where they really are!  All this is under Slackware 11.0 with WindowMaker.  The first few are in GWorkspace...

1. When starting GWorkspace, it tries to contact fswatcher but fails with the following message:
  2007-05-17 11:05:42.435 fswatcher[17031] inotify_init() failed!
As you can see, I used the --with-inotify option to build GWorkspace.

2. The Fiend and Tabbed Shelf do not work like they are supposed to.  If I select to show them, a new entry will appear under the "Windows" menu labeled "Window".  If I then hide it again (as in I don't want to see it anymore) the entry under the "Windows" menu is still there, and if I click on it it will again show the Fiend or Tabbed Shelf (which ever one this entry corresponds to), but as far as GWorkspace knows it's still hidden because the entry under "Tools->Fiend" is still showing "Show Fiend" for the Fiend and the same for the Tabbed Shelf.

3. The "Logout" feature doesn't work either.  If I press it, and any other GNUstep application is running it will close these applications but not GWorkspace, and the "Logout" menu option will be blanked out, at which point I need to hit "Quit" in order to actually quit GWorkspace.  This happens everytime, no exception...  I get no errors on the terminal.

That's it for GWorkspace.

The next problem I think is in -gui and it's one that has been happening for a while... it's the "menu bug".  That's when you start a new application and the previously active application's menu is still active, but behind the current application's menu.  There's a screenshot of this on the Wiki under the LiveCD page.  I guess this has been around for a while, I just wanted to let you know it's still there.

Over all, this new release is pretty good so far!  I haven't messed with it much since I just got it installed

Stefan