Re: Cell size issue

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Re: Cell size issue
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 01:45:58 +0200

Hi Fred,

the tone of your mail forced me to let it cool down a while before replying.

You are again hearing/feeling a bad tone where there is none. Unfortunately written text is not the best medium to communicate mods. As you know I really appreciate the work of everybody in the GNUstep/Etoile community and I have neither time nor motivation to be in a bad mode about anybodies changes. You also know that I expect things to break (am not surprised or dissapointed) when I download a new version of GNUstep or Etoile. That's why I do this only every few months. :-)

I am sure this modification has been done with a good reason in mind. But it could also have been something that has just been tried out and was not preceeded by extensive tests with Etoile, Renaissance,... before being committed. I just wanted to know what the reason for this modification was.

David gave a good enough (for me) explanation for this modification. I understand the motivation to improve Apple-nib compatibility, though I personally would rather and will further follow the autolayout - Renaissance like - route (nib free apps on MacOSX and GNUstep). I am a happy man again, now that I have figured out how GNUstep/Etoile has to be tweaked to look fine again.

Regards,

  Andreas