Re: focus problem

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Re: focus problem
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 01:03:58 +0200

Hi Yen-Ju,

I have played some more with Azalea and the focus problem. The problem can easily be reproduced by adding a menu item to any application and doing

- (void)test
{
    [[NSWorkspace sharedWorkspace] launchApplication:@"TextEdit"];
}

in the corresponding method. I tried this with GNOME, Window Maker and Azalea. With all three window managers I got the same result. If the above method is called for the first time (TextEdit.app not yet running), then the application is correctly started and gets key focus. However, if the app is already running, then it is activated, but it does not get key focus.

This seems to be a general problem in GNUstep, nothing specifically related to Azalea.

Any ideas?

Regards,

  Andreas