gui problem with tableview selection

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: gui problem with tableview selection
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 12:46:50 +0200

Hi all,

suppose you have a tableview presenting a few objects, one per row and under the tableview a few textfields also presenting properties of the selected object in the tableview. One of the textfields below the tableview has a date formater.

I enter an invalid string into this field - e.g. 1.1. - and then click on a(nother) row in the tableview to change selection and thus the select object.

The correct behavior (MacOSX) would be that this is not allowed. The machine should just beep and thus tell the user that he can't change the selection or do anything else on the form until he has entered a valid dateString into the textfield (or @"").

Under GNUstep this state is ignored. I can't leave the field editor by clicking into another textfield (correct) but I can change the selection of the tableview by clicking on any row (incorrect).

Any idea what we can do about that?

Thanks,

  Andreas