Re: Trouble running the cairo backend

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Trouble running the cairo backend
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 15:29:43 +0200

Isaiah Beerbower wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm experiencing problems getting the cairo backend to work. I'm
> installing on FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE with the following:
>
> ./configure --enable-graphics=cairo --with-name=cairo

I normally have to add --disable-glitz, although this should not be needed.

> gmake
> sudo gmake install
>
> The compile seems to go smoothly, but when I try using it, I get the
> following:
>
> Cairo status out of memory in copy
> Cairo status out of memory in copy
> Segmentation fault: 11 (core dumped)
>
> Am I doing something wrong? Help would be much appreciated.

Could you please run it with --debug to start up gdb? This could show us
the location of the problem. The most likely reason is that somewhere we
get an error status from cairo and fail to check for it and later we get
this useless error message.

Fred