Re: New ProjectCenter Icons

From: Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller
Subject: Re: New ProjectCenter Icons
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 10:47:39 +0200

Am 14.09.2007 um 10:16 schrieb Richard Frith-Macdonald:

Actually that's not the case any more than within a monolithic app. Methods can fail whether via DO or not, and the code has to handle such error conditions whether via DO or not. In fact the error handling situations are the same whether you are using DO or not (NSException and checking return values from methods).

No, there is an additonal task of responding reasonably to a timeout situation. And to take care of avoiding deadlocks.

I have several times had the issue that Xcode did hang which made IB hang as well. So I was not even able to save the IB file locally any more. So I had to kill both processes loosing both changes.

Well, you can argue that it the monolithic case you would loose both as well. But the reason that Xocde did hang *could* have been induced by DO as well (e.g. a deadlock in the DO communication).