Re: [ANNOUNCE 0.28] SimpleAgenda 0.28 & question

From: Jesse Ross
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE 0.28] SimpleAgenda 0.28 & question
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 16:05:04 -0500

If not, do you agree we need a central, visually consistent, graphical
user notification system, a la notification-daemon and libnotify ?

I agree we need one. The only framework I know is Growl for OS X.
Unfortunately it relies on CoreFoundation.

I don't know much about CoreFoundation but a notification framework
should be pretty simple so Growl could probably 'ported' to GNUstep.
If others applications start using it, it should be worth the effort.

David Chisnall (theraven) was working on a notification system for the Étoilé project. You may want to chat with him to see if you can join efforts.

I'm pretty sure he had looked at Growl and there was some sort of difficulty porting it or problems with the code.

J.