Can't mix native exceptions and ObjC++

From: Larry Campbell
Subject: Can't mix native exceptions and ObjC++
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 19:22:13 -0500

Before I spend a lot of time figuring out how to fix this, I thought I'd ping the list to see if anyone else has run into this. I just tried turning on native Objective-C exceptions (--enable-native-objc- exceptions to gnustep-base/configure). Everything seems to build OK, but if there are any Objective-C++ modules that use exceptions in my link, the link fails with:

        undefined reference to `typeinfo for NSException*'

As long as there's no Objective-C++ (.mm) in the link, I'm fine.

This happens with both (gnustep-make 1.13.0 + gnustep-base 1.13.1) and (gnustep-make 2.0.2 + gnustep-base 1.14.1). I tried renaming NSException.m to NSException.mm (and fixing the type errors the stricter compile revealed); no joy.

Has anyone already run into this (and, hopefully, fixed it)?

- lc