Re: LLVM

From: Riccardo
Subject: Re: LLVM
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 19:12:42 +0100

Hi,

If Apple actually got involved in GCC, how they are involved with
LLVM, then Apple would be still with GCC.  The problem is that Apple's
employees did not understand how to handle a free software community
(and in my opinion, they still don't).
Maybe I am just bitter because Apple messed up their customers instead
of helping them with respect of GCC, oh and this whole PPC vs x86
thing too.

I'm only a user and an ex "mac evangelist". I don't have your first-hand experience, but I agree with you fully. Apple is not a good example here and it is sad to say for a company which has such glorious past products (thinking of both Apple and NeXT).

Still, supporting a new compiler can be good for us, if it doesn't have side-effects. We already have difficulty having obj-c support included! Latest sunfreeware gcc package... removed it! After many years!

Riccardo