Re: ..., duplicate methods in Gorm fix, ...

From: Wolfgang Lux
Subject: Re: ..., duplicate methods in Gorm fix, ...
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 08:22:46 +0200

Gregory John Casamento wrote:

I think the correct solution here is a little more involved. The methods you removed do need to be part of the GormLib library since not every palette will link with GormCore. On some systems, this is okay, on others (such as Windows) it's not.

Errr, I do not understand. Objective-C methods are looked up at runtime, so whether any of these methods is present in GormLib or not should not affect linking. Removing a whole class of course does matter, but all those duplicate methods are just part of an NSObject category. So, the worst thing that could happen is that a method call fails in ----doesNotRecognizeSelector: if any of the methods is used in a program (other than Gorm) that loads one of the palettes at runtime. Is that what worries you?

Wolfgang