Installation on Mac

From: Carol Clark
Subject: Installation on Mac
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 13:33:16 -0500

I'm interested in using gnustep on Macintosh. I'm confused about which installation instructions I should be using. If this is not the right list for this question, please advise.

My top priority for this package is to build user interfaces by typing text instead of by dragging widgets. I have a disability that makes Interface Builder inaccessible to me.

I expect to use Xcode as my text editor, and probably to access make with a UNIX script from Xcode. If possible, I would also like the ability to build simple cross-platform applications, although my main target project for now will be Mac specific.

At the GNUstep website, the installation instructions I understand best want me to choose between a Darwin and a Mac OS installation, and I'm not sure which one to choose for my situation. I found another place on the same website that suggested I use Mac ports and Darwin, which is really scary to me.

Whatever advice you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Carol Clark
carolclark@cox.net