Re: Cocotron used for a real-world app

From: Krishna
Subject: Re: Cocotron used for a real-world app
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 00:00:20 +0530

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 9:48 PM, Markus Hitter <mah@jump-ing.de> wrote:

> Xcode integration is a big bonus for Mac heads, as one can be an true expert
> in one development environment only. If you have to learn another one, thats
> a duplication of a lot of kmowledge and most people would consider this as a
> waste.

While Xcode integration can be a big plus, having to cross-compile
everytime can be painful, no? How is debugging done? binaries are
copied to the target everytime it is recompiled? I have to admit that
when I read "InstallCDT" on their site my interest was piqued. Thought
it had go something to do with Eclipse. Turns out to be a cross
compiler. The whole thing appears to be very tedious...

I understand having something like code completion can be very useful
when dealing with a large API like Cocoa so maybe GNUstep can do
something about it - a plugin for Eclipse or Netbeans might ease the
entry barrier. btw, how do GNUstep developers deal with the tons of
classes and methods?

Cheers,
-Krishna

--
Why make things difficult, when it is possible to make them cryptic
and totally illogical, with just a little bit more effort?