Re: NSOperation status

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: NSOperation status
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 07:28:34 +0000

On 19 Jan 2009, at 07:51, Sebastian Nowicki wrote:

In the release notes for v1.16.0 [1] it is mentioned that NSOperation is on the to-do list. I'm wondering what the status of that is. As far as I can tell there's no support for it whatsoever. This is unfortunate as I would like to use this instead of NSThread for my cross-platform framework (Cocoa & GNUstep). I'm not sure whether to just use NSOperation and wait for it to be supported in GNUstep or use NSThread and switch later.

[1]
http://www.gnustep.org/resources/documentation/Developer/Base/ReleaseNotes/ReleaseNotes.html

Being on the to-do list really means we'd like someone to volunteer to do it ... it would be great if you could contribute an implementation.
I'm pretty certain nobody else has volunteered yet.

Looking at the class documentation, it seems like a fairly substantial task, but not hugely difficult.