Re: Impelmenting NSWindows95InterfaceStyle

From: Germán Arias
Subject: Re: Impelmenting NSWindows95InterfaceStyle
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 22:06:44 -0600

El mié, 21-01-2009 a las 10:58 +0000, Nicolas Roard escribió:

> This might have been true, but MDI is a forgotten thing (at least I
> hope!) in Windows.
> I would hate for GNUstep apps to suddenly be MDI (!). Frankly, either
> the application has a main window and we can shoehorn a menu, or not.
> I expect that if you want your application to run on Windows you can
> take a couple of hours reviewing your UI... and most applications will
> already have a main window...

If an app don't have a main window, then maybe the app need a window to
show when NSWindow95 is set (a window hidden with others styles). And
maybe the menu can by other menu (different of main menu) special to
this style.

If an app have more than one window, maybe we need establish an order in
its windows, and set the main menu in the first window (as before, this
menu can by a special menu for this style). And, if the programmer want,
he cant set others menus to other windows. Of course, these menus need
have an orden in this menus, corresponding with its windows.

> Also, as david pointed, this work on NSWindows95InterfaceStyle should
> be helpful as well for GNUstep apps running under KDE and GNOME.

I agree with this. And we need keep in mind that the solution of this
problem is, in first place, for all people that don't use GNUstep's apps
because they don't like GNUstep's menus.