Re: FOSDEM Aftermath - the talks

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Re: FOSDEM Aftermath - the talks
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 15:54:17 +0000

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 6:54 AM, Sebastian Reitenbach
<sebastia@l00-bugdead-prods.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wednesday 11 February 2009 00:36:23 Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf wrote:
>> I'll write a couple of mails to the list during the next days
>> covering several aspects (talks, the Dev-Room, the hotel and so on)
>> of FOSDEM. I also recorded all sessions on video and I'll post them
>> on some online video portal when I am done with some basic editing
>> (adding a title mainly) of them.
>>

>> Some general words:
>>
>> - It was fun. All the work and dispair (because of the very slow
>> start I was several times at the brink of giving it all up) finally
>> paid of.
>>
>> - Giving talks is fun. It was my first time and despite I had some
>> crashes to fight during my talk it still was fun. I felt very content
>> after it.
>>
>> - It's really nice to meet all the people you usually talk to only at
>> the mailing list and the chat. Especially the dinner at saturday
>> night is always a highlight (we went to a pretty decent indian
>> restaurant this year)
>>
> just have to say thanks for organizing.

Indeed, thanks a lot ! and it's fantastic that you were able to record
the talks, it will be great to have them online, particularly for
those like me that couldn't make it to the fosdem :)

>> Talks/Presentations:
>>
> just my 2 cents:
> maybe a moderator would be a good thing, just someone shortly introducing the
> speaker and topic of the next talk, and in the end, moderating the questions
> part. Then A) the speakers can't forget to introduce themselves, and B) it
> would give the show an a lot more professional touch with nearly no
> additional overhead (:

good idea. Maybe less talks next year as well (to keep the developer's
meeting role ?).

--
Nicolas Roard