Re: Improve MyGL a bit

From: Omniscient
Subject: Re: Improve MyGL a bit
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 10:12:12 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 1, 8:45 pm, David Chisnall <thera...@sucs.org> wrote:
> On 31 Mar 2009, at 19:28, Fred Kiefer wrote:
>
> > oren wrote:
> >> Hi, Here is a patch for cleaning up MyGL in
> >>http://svn.gna.org/svn/gnustep/tests/examples/trunk/gui/MyGL
> >> Thanks!
>
> > Could somebody with a bit more OpenGL knowledge point out whether this
> > is an improvement or not? To my untrained eyes this looks just like a
> > code rearrangement, but it could make a big difference to others.
> > I am willing to apply this, but only if there are any helpful
> > comments.
>
> Replacing GLFloat with float is incorrect.  On most systems these
> types will be the same, but the spec does not guarantee it, as I recall.

That's what Blender is using.

Despite that, there's nowhere in that patch that _replace_ those
GLFloat with float.

> I also dislike changing x, y, and z to 1, 2, and 3.  There is no
> reason for doing this, and it makes the code a lot less readable.
>
> David

And the reason for that is that I have to cut & paste some length
Blender functions that took float[][n].

if you want some readability may be you could #define X Y Z 0 1 2 etc.

Anyway, since I wrote the first the first version, I highly recommend
to switch to this code.
Since I wouldn't like it that the first version looks like a half-ass
test application rather a proper example.
Either feel free to remove MyGL code from trunk then put one of your
own or take sometime
replacing arguments in those multiplication functions to use m->mNN
instead of m[N][N]

Thanks.