Re: Question about message forwarding (with fix)

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Question about message forwarding (with fix)
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 23:31:43 +0100

On 2 Apr 2009, at 23:17, Larry Campbell wrote:

I don't know why ffcall doesn't have the same problem; a quick glance at GSFFCallInvocation.m leads me to believe it should. Yet my code that crashes with ffi worked fine with ffcall.

The selector handling mechanism in GNU libobjc is horrible. Selectors can lose type information depending on the order in which they are registered. It is one of the things I plan on addressing this year.

David