Re: compile problem: undefined symbol: XShmQueryVersion

From: ???|??
Subject: Re: compile problem: undefined symbol: XShmQueryVersion
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 19:30:15 +0800

Germ??n Arias <german@xelalug.org> wrote:
>Have you installed gnustep-make? Is more easy install GNUstep from
>gnustep-startup package. You can download this at
>
>ftp://ftp.gnustep.org/pub/gnustep/core/gnustep-startup-0.22.0.tar.gz
>
>Unzip this and, in a shell whit root permission, write:
>
>./InstallGNUstep
>
>That is all. More details at
>
>http://www.nongnu.org/fisicalab/gnustep_inst_en.html

Thanks very much for providing this information. But it doesn't work for me:
[quote]
configure: error: cannot guess build type; you must specify one
There was a problem checking the configuration of you system.
One possible cause is that you do not have a C or Objective-C
compiler on your system
Please see the instructions that came with your operating system
for installing the GNU GCC compiler and installing a developer
system for compiling programs
cp: cannot stat `setupvars': No such file or directory
If you don't understand something or think a test is in error,
please email bug-gnustep@gnu.org and send the
/root/GNUstep/gnustep-startup-0.22.0/build/logs.tar.gz file
[/unquote]

I am not sure if I should send to bug-gnustep@gnu.org. My system is:
cruella:~/GNUstep/gnustep-startup-0.22.0# uname -a
Linux cruella 2.6.27.1 #1 Tue Jan 6 11:11:05 CST 2009 mips64 GNU/Linux

And I do have objc compiler:
cruella:~/GNUstep/gnustep-startup-0.22.0# aptitude search gobjc
i   gobjc                           - The GNU Objective-C compiler

p   gobjc++                         - The GNU Objective-C++ compiler

p   gobjc++-4.1                     - The GNU Objective-C++ compiler

p   gobjc++-4.2                     - The GNU Objective-C++ compiler

p   gobjc++-4.3                     - The GNU Objective-C++ compiler

p   gobjc++-4.3-multilib            - The GNU Objective-C++ compiler
(multilib f
p   gobjc++-multilib                - The GNU Objective-C++ compiler
(multilib f
p   gobjc-4.1                       - The GNU Objective-C compiler

p   gobjc-4.2                       - The GNU Objective-C compiler

i A gobjc-4.3                       - The GNU Objective-C compiler

p   gobjc-4.3-multilib              - The GNU Objective-C compiler (multilib
fil
p   gobjc-multilib                  - The GNU Objective-C compiler (mul