Re: Terminal seems to suffer from cropped line using cairo

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: Re: Terminal seems to suffer from cropped line using cairo
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 11:14:35 +0000 (UTC)

В Thu, 07 May 2009 17:01:46 +0800, Zhang Weiwu написа:

> Debian also packaged Preferences.app instead of SystemPreferences.app
> where the latter is said to be better replacement of the former.

For historical reasons.  SystemPreferences did not exist when
Preferences was packaged; also the Backbone main developer was a
Debian developer as well.  Gürkan was also involved, I think.  Even
GAP did not exist back then, IIRC.

Looking at http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/backbone.git it doesn't
seem to be completely abandoned.  They've never made releases, though.

If the GNUstep community agrees, I don't see a problem if we replace
preferences.app with systempreferences.app (removing the former from
the archive entirely) and package terminal.app with GAP as new
upstream.  textedit.app has to stay for the time being as there is no
proper replacement.