Re: Call for talks at our FOSDEM 2010 devroom (deadline 2010-01-03)

From: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
Subject: Re: Call for talks at our FOSDEM 2010 devroom (deadline 2010-01-03)
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 21:37:43 +0100

Hi David,

Am 05.01.2010 um 17:37 schrieb David Chisnall:

On 4 Jan 2010, at 23:04, Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf wrote:

David Chisnall:
* "Objective-C 2: libobjc2 and Clang, current status, plans for the future." Afternoon * "Étoilé: Where it is, where it's going, why it isn't there yet." Afternoon * "LanguageKit: Supporting other dynamic languages on the ObjC runtime." Afternoon * "Porting Cocoa apps to other platforms: what works, what doesn't, what to do to make porting easier." Afternoon

@David: Could you please give me some assumptions for the duration of your talks?

I'm still not 100% sure that I can make FOSDEM - my house move has been delayed and it's starting to look like it will clash.

So I hope for the best: you get your move done early enough to come to FOSDEM. Since it would be great to have to there (never underestimate the importance of a face to face meeting). When will you finally know whether you can come or not?

If someone can get some speakers set up then I'm still happy to give a talk or two via video conference again if I can't make it.

and maybe we should bring a second projector too so we can project the IChat session (the solution last year with the Macbook on a stand was not so good)

It would probably be better if Quentin gave an Étoilé status talk,

I got Quentin's mail, he is ready for that.

so put me down for half an hour for each of these:

* "Objective-C 2: libobjc2 and Clang, current status, plans for the future." Afternoon * "LanguageKit: Supporting other dynamic languages on the ObjC runtime." Afternoon

I'm quite flexible - I can adjust the talk lengths anywhere form 10 minutes to an hour for both, depending on how much detail people want.

Sadly FOSDEM itself is not that flexible. They put the schedule on their website and print booklets with it in it. Visitors then always refer to that booklet for talks. So I'll put down half an hour for both talks.

David

-- Sent from my PDP-11

Thanks,

        Lars