Re: FOSDEM and beyond (next stable release of base)

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: FOSDEM and beyond (next stable release of base)
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 23:58:06 +0100

Hi,
Maybe we could have a<GNUstep/GNUstep.h>, which is like<Cocoa/Cocoa.h>  but
also includes base and GUI additions?  Having a single header like this can improve compile
times a lot if we use precompiled headers.  With a current version of GNUstep:
Why that? Cocoa/Cocoa.h is something so stupid I never understood. I bet it started out as more a marketing gag in 10.0 days! I never use it any appplicaiton. At most Foundation.h and AppKit.h
Or better, fine-grained imports.

GNUstep.h is very convenient currently because it canbe included in applications to provide comaptibility macros when porting software from gnustep to Mac.

you would end up having:
Foundation.h + AppKit.h
Cocoa.h for mac compatibility
GNUstepAdditions.h header possibly...

do we need need cocoa+gsadditions really?

Riccardo