Re: IDE

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: IDE
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 20:48:52 +0100

Hi,

ProjectCenter + editor.
I like project center (you must use the CVS version, not the last release) and does about everything quite well, but the internal editor has several things I miss, thus I use it only for small edits. But it is very convenient with setting up the project properties, makefiles, etc!

To actually "code" I use an external editor.
My editor of choice is GVim! Although both NEdit and Emacs have their advantages. Emacs for example has a quite good obj-c mode which follows effortlessly the gnu coding standard, so ti is the editor I use when I work on "core" stuff of gnustep. I found it the least path of resistance in this case.

I hope things will improve in ProjectCenter... I do not ask for so much and I hope it will remain a simple application. I loved ProjectBuilder, dislike the first Xcode a bit and the newer Xcode gets the more a mess it is...

Riccardo

Marko Riedel wrote:

Dear friends,

an acquaintance of mine with many years of experience in programming and
system administration would like to try to develop with GNUstep. He does
not like Emacs, however, and was not impressed with ProjectCenter. Hence
I'd like to ask the people on this list: what IDE and what editor do you
use to develop for GNUstep?

Thanks ever so much!

Regards,

Marko Riedel