Re: FOSDEM and beyond (next stable release of base)

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: FOSDEM and beyond (next stable release of base)
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 15:20:23 +0000

On 14 Feb 2010, at 15:14, icicle@mail.cg.tuwien.ac.at wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Today's trunk does not build anymore on my machine. I noticed Richard merged
> his reorg branch into trunk. I get a lot of "Warning: objc/runtime.h: No such
> file or directory". Configure is checking for "objc/objc.h" and
> "objc/runtime.h", and correctly determines that the latter one is not there.
> I am using gcc 4.2.4 with the GCC runtime. Do I have to switch to David's
> libobjc2 runtime?

I think Richard might have only tested his branch with libobjc2 (although, in
fact, configure breaks with libobjc2...).  In Étoilé we have some hacks to work
around the different versions of runtime.h that might be present.  I'll try to
merge them into GNUstep this afternoon.

David

-- Sent from my Apple II