Re: gnustep-base on OpenBSD mips54

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: Re: gnustep-base on OpenBSD mips54
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 19:41:43 +0100

Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Fred Kiefer wrote:
>
>> I just submitted the second and third part of your patch. The first part
>> may or may not be useful, somebody using FreeBSD should comment on that.
>>
>> Before you go ahead with GNUstep applications you should try to get the
>> base test suite running and see whether this fully works on your system.
>> Only then should we try to analyse the gui issues. GNUstep gui uses
>> proxies for most images and this will only work, when the whole
>> NSInvocation stuff in base is working correctly.
>>
>> When you are sure to rule out a base issue the next step would be to run
>> the application with gdb and set a break point on the assert line in
>> [NSCell -setImage:] and if the code gets there analyse the content of
>> anImage. It should either be an NSImage or more likely a GSThemeProxy.
>>

> It took a while to run those tests, but I'm done now. And indeed, there
> are some tests failing with regard to NSInvocations.
> See attached logfile.
>
> Compiling NSInvocation.m I get a lot of warning messages on the mips64 box:
> NSInvocation.m:918: warning: cast increases required alignment of target
> type
> NSInvocation.m:918: warning: cast increases required alignment of target
> type
> NSInvocation.m:918: warning: cast increases required alignment of target
> type
> NSInvocation.m:918: warning: cast increases required alignment of target
> type
> NSInvocation.m:918: warning: cast increases required alignment of target
> type
> NSInvocation.m:918: warning: cast increases required alignment of target
> type
> NSInvocation.m:918: warning: cast increases required alignment of target
> type
>
> I don't see those messages on my i386 box, maybe that could be one of
> the reasons?
>
> Sebastian

Short update: I compiled/installed now from svn trunk, gnustep-base,
-back, and -gui.
The problem persists, the App icon shows up, but then the application
still throws those errors.
Also from compiling gnustep-base, I still get those warnings above,
nearly on everything. I did not got it when compiling gnustep-gui. Now
probably time to take a look into the tests, and NSInvocation...

Sebastian