Re: Help installing GNUstep?

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Help installing GNUstep?
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 08:31:36 -0700

Do you have cygwin installed on the machine as well?  That sometimes conflicts with the mingw libraries. It's also possible that some antivirus software is causing problems.  It might be easier if you could try to see the error message that occurs before the window disappears. Probably the best way is to start a Windows CMD window:

1. Start->Run, then type 'cmd' in the text box
2. Then type in the CMD window

C:\GNUstep\bin\sh.exe

It might be possible to solve the issue by running the rebase command. You can download from here:

and in the same CMD window try something like

rebase -b 0x30000000 C:\GNUstep\bin\msys-1.0.dll