Re: Remove GSAppKitUserBundles

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Remove GSAppKitUserBundles
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 11:16:10 +0100

On 17.03.2011 00:38, David Chisnall wrote:
On 16 Mar 2011, at 19:28, Fred Kiefer wrote:

I would like to remove the loading of user bundles from
NSApplication. Currently the code will load all the bundles you
list in the user default setting GSAppKitUserBundles when starting
up the application. Long time ago this was a mechanism that allowed
to implement themes in a primitive way. Now we have a proper
implementation for themes in place and now this setting is just a
security hole. (As are theme bundles, but this is a separate
issue)

Is there any objection against removing this setting at the next
release?

Yes, a very strong objection.  We depend on this functionality in
Étoilé to load the EtoileBehavior bundle into all applications.

OK, this is a good enough reason to withdraw this suggestion, for now :-)