[ANN] VolumeManager.app

From: Andreas Schik
Subject: [ANN] VolumeManager.app
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 10:58:21 +0200

Hi all,
I decided to become a bit more active againq wrt developing GNUstep apps
and dug a bit in my relic box. The first result is an update of
VolumeManager.

What is it?
-----------
VolumeManager is a tool for GNUstep that listens for hald events
concerning storage volumes. VolumeManager is then able to automount data
devices or to autoplay CDs and DVDs using appropriate services.
VolumeManager can also notify other GNUstep applications via DO if the
state of any volume changes, e.g. if it is mounted or unmounted.
VolumeManager runs as a daemon in the background and has only few GUI
elements.

Dependencies
------------
A recent GNUstep installation (-base 1.21, -gui 0.19), DBusKit and the
pmount tools (pmount, pumont, eject).

Where to get it?
You find it here: http://www.andreasheppel.de/en/software.html

What will be next?
Depends an what I/users need.
Most probably the next version will have support for the udisks package
as successor of hald.

Have fun,
Andreas