Re: compile on ubuntu - core/base fails

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: compile on ubuntu - core/base fails
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 13:26:21 +0100

On 10 Jun 2011, at 13:04, nova wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I hope this is the correct list for my problem.
>
> I try to compile llvm/clang,gnustep,etoile like it is described in
>
>       http://etoileos.com/downloads/installtrunk/
>
> But I am stucked at the part where it comes to gnustep/core/base. The
> make command ends with:
>
> Compiling file GSHTTPURLHandle.m ...
> GSHTTPURLHandle.m:1334:13: warning: implicit declaration of function
> 'recv' is invalid in C99 [-Wimplicit-function-declaration] result =
> recv(fd, &c, 1, MSG_PEEK | MSG_DONTWAIT); ^
> GSHTTPURLHandle.m:1334:29: error: use of undeclared identifier
> 'MSG_PEEK' result = recv(fd, &c, 1, MSG_PEEK | MSG_DONTWAIT);
>                                   ^
> 1 warning and 1 error generated.
> make[4]: *** [obj/libgnustep-base.obj/GSHTTPURLHandle.m.o] Fehler 1
> make[3]: *** [internal-library-all_] Fehler 2
> make[2]: *** [libgnustep-base.all.library.variables] Fehler 2
> make[1]: *** [internal-all] Fehler 2
> make: *** [internal-all] Fehler 2
>
> Is this a bug or did I missed something? How can this be solved? As
> further informations I attached the entire output of configure
> (temp-config) and make (temp-make). The machine os is an ubuntu 11.04
> (32bit)

The recv() system call and MSG_PEEKconstanct are declared in sys/socket.h

But your temp.config says:

checking sys/socket.h usability... no
checking sys/socket.h presence... no
checking for sys/socket.h... no

So the configure script thinks that sys/socket.h doesn't exist on your system:

There's something wrong with your system or with the configure script.  Given
that sys/config.h is pretty basic, it's probably there, which makes your clang
compiler the most likely faulty component ... try configuring/building using
the standard compiler instead.