Re: Question about native-objc-exceptions

From: Germán Arias
Subject: Re: Question about native-objc-exceptions
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 19:50:46 -0600

On dom, 2011-06-19 at 06:09 +0100, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:
> On 19 Jun 2011, at 05:37, Germán Arias wrote:
>
> > Currently I get this error when configure Emacs with GNUstep:
> >
> > /usr/GNUstep/Local/Library/Headers/Foundation/NSException.h:42:2:
> > error:
> > #error The current setting for native-objc-exceptions does not match
> > that of gnustep-base ... please correct this.
> >
> > Can I change this configuration on GCC, or I need rebuild
> > gnustep-base with special configuration?
>
> You need to reconfigure gnustep-make so that it uses the same config as when
> you used it to build gnustep-base.
> Unless you've changed your mind and want to use a new configuration of
> gnustep-make ... in which case you need to rebuild base.

I rebuild all. The options I used are, to Make: --with-layout=gnustep,
and to Base: --disable-icu. But I get the same error. I don't understand
this error. Mean this that GCC does not support
"native-objc-exceptions", but that gnustep-base can support these? (or
viceversa). But I'm using the same compiler to build GNUstep and Emacs.
So, where is the problem? Except that ./configure (in Emacs) is pointing
to another compiler, maybe the version I used previously (still
installed). But according with config.log (both, GNUstep and Emacs) the
compiler is 4.6.0. In emacs-devel suggest me use of

 -fobjc-exceptions

I add this in CPPFLAGS, but the error persist. So I tried

-fobjc-std=objc1

without result.