Re: problem with gnustep on OpenBSD sparc64 -- the journey goes on

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: problem with gnustep on OpenBSD sparc64 -- the journey goes on
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 00:49:44 +0100

On 7 Jul 2011, at 22:10, Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:

> defaults read works well, when there are no defaults existing, but with the
> copied .GNUstepDefaults file, it runs into the bus error.

I'm not sure if it's related, but I was seeing 'conditional jump depends on
uninitialised value' errors in valgrind while loading defaults.  I think it was
somewhere in GSXML, but I'm not completely sure - by the time I got around to
trying to find the cause, they'd stopped happening.  I assumed that meant
someone had fixed the relevant bug, but it might just have meant that my
defaults settings had changed in a way that stopped the bug from being
triggered.

David

-- Sent from my Difference Engine