Newbie question(differences between gnustep and xCode)

From: John Doran
Subject: Newbie question(differences between gnustep and xCode)
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 23:09:22 +0100

Hi all,
Time to start learning Objective C for me(coming from Java), I'm on a windows machine so GNUstep is perfect to get up to speed before I purchase a Mac and the fact it seems like a really cool open source framework. So I'm doing some tutorials done by http://www.thenewboston.com/ which are really good. I'm wondering is there any restraints on me doing these tutorials and compiling them through GNUstep. These tutorials are based on xCode so is there a difference in libraries etc?

If was able to run a different obj c hello world but these ones wont compile e.g. some snippets -
#import <Foundation/Foundation.h>
//main...
NSAutoreleasePool * pool = [[NSAutoreleasePool alloc] init];
NSLog (@"Hello World!/nIt's John");

I get errors like
Foundation/Foundation.h: No such file or directory
`NSAutoreleasePool' undeclared (first use in this function)

So, do I need to look at my instillation or am I just looking at the wrong tutorials.
Any feedback or pointers to some good tutorials would be great.
Regards,
JD.