Re: another exception triggered by OGo in gnustep-base

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: Re: another exception triggered by OGo in gnustep-base
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 19:25:14 +0200

On Friday, July 29, 2011 15:26 CEST, "Sebastian Reitenbach"
<sebastia@l00-bugdead-prods.de> wrote:

> On Friday, July 29, 2011 15:00 CEST, David Chisnall <theraven@sucs.org>
> wrote:
>
> > On 29 Jul 2011, at 13:51, Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:
> >
> > > I found this documentation here:
> > > http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/Cocoa/Reference/Foundation/Classes/NSData_Class/Reference/Reference.html
> > > Initializes a newly allocated data object by adding to it length bytes of
> > > data from the buffer bytes.
> > >
> > > but it doesn't state that a subclass should implement it???
> > >
> > > SkyDecodeWrapperData is a subclass of NSData, so I should implement that
> > > method there?
> >
> > I think this is a GNUstep bug.  The default implementation o
> > initWithBytesNoCopy:length:freeWhenDone: should probably be releasing self
> > and returning a new instance of the class that does support this
> > initialiser (as happens in the placeholder data class).

While fiddling around there, I found that NSDataMalloc implements
initWithBytesNoCopy:length:freeWhenDone:, and I looked at it how it is done
there, and implemented it similarly in OGos SkyDecodeWrapperData, which now
works like a charm ;)

thanks,
Sebastian