Re: [cfe-dev] LLVM / Clang 3.0 rc1 Binaries Available

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: [cfe-dev] LLVM / Clang 3.0 rc1 Binaries Available
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 18:40:15 +0200

Just a tiny question: Apple has already shipped "Apple LLVM Compiler 3.0" or something like that in Xcode 4.2. (I have not upgraded yet on my current machine, so I cannot check the exact naming).

I suppose that Clang shipped by Apple is actually a prerelease as well?

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 12:02, David Chisnall <theraven@sucs.org> wrote:
FYI: Please test on platforms you care about and file bugs...

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Bill Wendling <wendling@apple.com>
> Subject: [cfe-dev] LLVM / Clang 3.0 rc1 Binaries Available
> Date: 21 October 2011 09:41:34 GMT+01:00
> To: llvmdev List <llvmdev@cs.uiuc.edu>, cfe-dev <cfe-dev@cs.uiuc.edu>
>
> Hello developers!
>
> We have binaries available for download and testing! Please visit:
>
>       http://llvm.org/pre-releases/3.0/rc1/binaries/
>
> download the appropriate binaries for your system (they have obvious names), and start compiling things with it. Things to look for:
>
> • Compile failures that compiled in 2.9
> • Execution failures that executed in 2.9
> • Incorrect results that were correct in 2.9
> • Massive compile time or execution slowdowns when compared to LLVM 2.9
>
> For all problems you find, please create a PR for it (http://llvm.org/bugs/).
>
> Many thanks go to our team of testers for their hard work!
>
> -bw
>
> P.S. The 3.0 rc1 sources have been moved here:
>
>       http://llvm.org/pre-releases/3.0/rc1/sources/
>
> P.P.S. You'll notice that this is the "Release+Asserts" builds of rc1. I intentionally asked the testers for this one because it is most likely to ferret out bugs.

-- Send from my Jacquard Loom