Re: some gnustep-base tests are randomly failing

From: Stefan Bidi
Subject: Re: some gnustep-base tests are randomly failing
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 13:22:34 -0500

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 12:03 PM, Richard Frith-Macdonald <richard@tiptree.demon.co.uk> wrote:
I think all this depends on the ICU library and the code Stefan Bidigaray added to use it recently.
Perhaps he can say why a change of locale should make the tests fail  ... that might be normal/correct behavior of the API (in which case I guess we need to improve the tests), or it might be some simple change to the code is required to get the ICU code to behave consistently.

Actually, the failing tests are on the pre-10.4 tests and these do not use ICU for anything.  The default behavior is post-10.4, however, the basic.m tests set the behavior to pre-10.4 before anything else and should all be working correctly.  The methods failing are the pre-10.4 ones not the post-10.4, which means problem with the ICU bits.

The output of tests.log would probably what exactly is going wrong since it would be using ICU's default formatter.  The thing is that these tests have been working correctly for some time, as far as I know.