Re: How project center create the app delegate?

From: Eric Wasylishen
Subject: Re: How project center create the app delegate?
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 13:02:10 -0600

Hi Omar,
This confused me as a beginner as well. The AppController object is probably instantiated in the application's main nib/xib/gorm file (probably MainMenu.gorm), and it is set as the application's delegate by a connection made in Gorm/InterfaceBuilder.

So, you have a sequence of events like this:
-main() calls NSApplicationMain
-the application's Info.plist is parsed and the main nib file listed there is loaded
-the nib usually contains an application delegate object, which is connected to the delegate outlet of the NSApplication object
- your delegate's methods such as applicationWillFinishLaunching should now get called

Hope this helps
Eric