Re: Are you interested in getting started writing ObjC, and making a use

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Are you interested in getting started writing ObjC, and making a useful contribution to GNUstep?
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 09:57:45 +0000

On 6 Feb 2012, at 08:16, Y.C Cheng wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am interested. I write programs for iPhone and I am interested to
> contribute. I think I should install the most update code base from
> SVN and then tring to code, am I right ?

Thanks ...

I've gone back and replied on the mailing list to let people know that you are
starting on this.

I also wanted to let you (and anyone else interested) know that I've started
trying to write some advice on how to go about contributing implementation of
new OSX classes to GNUstep.
I have done this on the wiki at
http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/Contributing_to_GNUstep_core_libraries

My idea was that this should describe how (and why) we do things in a
particular way.  Hopefully this should be the most effective way of doing
things... and should give good information for people starting out (and even
help more experienced people).  This will only work really well if people (core
developers particularly)  provide input and try to make the advice clear and
concise.

So far, I have only managed to put text into two out of six planned subtopic
... but it's a start.