Re: NSApplication openFiles

From: Wolfgang Lux
Subject: Re: NSApplication openFiles
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 16:01:29 +0200

Riccardo Mottola wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Wolfgang Lux wrote:
>> I think it would be a better idea to always perform
>>   [_listener application: self openFiles: files];
>> in NSApplication (even if there is only one file).
>>
>> In GSServicesManager you could then use this code (beware I didn' test this):
> I liked your suggestion. i refined it to handle the special case of "1" file
> only too. It appears to work fine, I will commit it later!

What is the point of a special case? If the delegate implements
-application:openFiles: you should call it even if only one file is supplied.
Note that a (modern) delegate might only implement -application:openFiles: but
not -application:openFile: and your special case (at least as far as I
understand) would break such programs.

Wolfgang