Re: EasyDiff - failure to build on windows

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: EasyDiff - failure to build on windows
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2012 11:47:33 +0200

Hi,

Fred Kiefer wrote:
To me this looks like the exports are missing or wrong for some strings used as
notification names. No idea whether this is in GNUstep or in you application
code but it should be easy to fix once you found the definition of these
strings.

"grep" is always your friend in foreign code...

FileIconView.h, local to the project, defines:

APPKIT_EXPORT NSString *FileIconViewFileNameDidChangeNotification;

in the corresponding FileIconView.m file, there is:
NSString *FileIconViewFileNameDidChangeNotification =
  @"FileIconViewFileNameDidChangeNotification";

I don't know APPKIT_EXPORT, but it is used in AppKit itself.

DiffFileChooser.m where I am getting the error, regularly imports FileIconView.h

What could be wrong? It must me something windows specific, where the linker is more strict, since on Unix it works.

Riccardo