Re: Side effect of r35304: "Use GSSelectorTypesMatch() for types compari

From: Jens Ayton
Subject: Re: Side effect of r35304: "Use GSSelectorTypesMatch() for types comparison..."
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 19:39:19 +0200

On Aug 20, 2012, at 15:32, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns@computer.org> wrote:

> I.e. since 10.8 you can expect NSPoint and CGPoint to be typedef'd...
>
> But I have no idea how @encode() treats typedefs :)

It doesn't know about typedefs. It just encodes the underlying type.

To rephrase what I said before: in modern Cocoa, NSPoint and CGPoint are in
fact the same type. Keeping them distinct in GNUstep is asking for trouble.

> A final though: NSValue was not designed with CG* in mind. So you can't
> expect it to behave in any way.

This, however, is wrong. NSValue is supposed to support any blob of data (POD
type in C++ terminology) for which there is a valid @encode string.

--
Jens Ayton