mysterious failure in tableview application

From: Tony Amort
Subject: mysterious failure in tableview application
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 20:55:27 -0700

I wrote a simple table based document app based on the "Money" tutorial. I used it to store trip mileages and notes.

I run Slackware, and recently got a new computer and put Slackware64 on it. I installed all the gnustep stuff and copied my ProjectCenter directory to the new machine. I built the project without complaint and when I run it is starts fine and it loads my old data.

I can drag a row from an existing document into a new one fine.

I cannot double-click in a row and add new data. It selects the row but doesn't give a cursor.

This code runs fine on my 32-bit system, and throws no errors on the new one--it just doesn't work. The versions are NOT the same--on my original system I used slackware packages someone else built, on the new system I have compiled everything in multiple versions and all work the same.

What am I missing? How do I track this down?