Re: GWorkspace: hang on exit. Clang?

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: GWorkspace: hang on exit. Clang?
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 12:15:31 +0200

Hi,

On 2012-10-24 09:49:44 +0200 "Sebastian Reitenbach" <sebastia@l00-bugdead-prods.de> wrote:

I'm not sure, I've seen the Exception, but what I have seen is:
click on quit in the menu, and then also in the panel, and nothing happens.
Then try logout afterward, and it will log you out.
Same thing the other way around, first trying logout, and nothing happens,
then quit afterward, and you are out.

Seen on OpenBSD, i386, using gcc as compiler, and libobjc from gcc.

good (or bad...) it means that it is not a "clang/libobjc2" only thing.
I did nto try to mix logout/quit. However I noticed that on a system where this is happening it happens consistently (so the race condition is always satisfied) and that issuing a second time quit always works too!

I was thinking this is a strange bug in the GWorkspace code but if David sees its also in the tests, then it might be base.

Riccardo