Re: Emacs looking for support

From: A. Arias
Subject: Re: Emacs looking for support
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 19:46:31 -0600

El sáb, 24-11-2012 a las 17:06 -0500, Stefan Monnier escribió:
> Ever since Emacs switched its macosx support from the old Carbon code to
> the new NS code, Emacs has provided some kind of support to run as an
> GNUstep application.
>
> But nobody gave it the love it needs, so while it partly works, it is
> also mostly unusable.  So the Emacs team is looking for someone to help
> bring the GNUstep port of Emacs to a usable state.
>

>         Stefan

A year ago I was testing emacs with gnustep, but sometimes this was
annoying. I was using the emacs from bazaar. Sometimes I was able to
compile emacs, and sometimes I had errors (after some changes in the
trunk). Some days ago, I decided test again, but this time with the
latest stable release of emacs package. At this moment I'm unable to
build emacs. Even when all seem OK in configuration, I get errors in
compilation. I will try to found where is the problem here. But using
the stable release, because bazaar is too slow with my internet
connection.

Regards.