Re: some gui questions

From: Wolfgang Lux
Subject: Re: some gui questions
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 16:50:50 +0100

Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:

> for the MPDCon I created an Inspector for the Playlist. There I have some
> checkboxes.
> I tried to align it in Gorm, but failed a bit do get the text on the left
> aligned on the grid with the other
> text there. The checkbox itself on the right aligns fine. In the Screenshot
> you can see that
> the text for the checkboxes is some pixels to the right compared with the
> other text around them.
> Is this intended, or should it align with the text?

I guess the texts should align. But until this is fixed your only chance is to
do the alignment manually (by adding or subtracting a few pixels on the x
coordinate in Gorm's size inspector).

> Also, I tried to disable the rating stars, and make the text grey, when the
> checkboxes are disabled,
> but failed with that. When I disable the top checkbox,I can disable the
> second checkbox,
> with setEnabled:NO and its getting greyed out, and you cannot click on it.
> But for the Text, and the stars I did not found something working, I also
> wanted to have the text
> grey the same way like when the checkbox is disabled.

Have you tried setEnabled: NO? This should change the text to grey.

> The Stars are a NSTableView, with a table, containing just one single cell. I
> tried to set
> the cell setEditable: NO but to no avail.
> Any hint how I can achieve that?

Why do you use a table and not a NSTextField? But anyway, setEnabled should
work for a NSTextFieldCell inside a table as well.

Wolfgang