Re: Discuss-gnustep Digest, Vol 122, Issue 7

From: Philippe Roussel
Subject: Re: Discuss-gnustep Digest, Vol 122, Issue 7
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 19:05:57 +0100

Hi Jeffrey,

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 02:00:29PM -0500, Jeffrey Thompson wrote:
> Can you list the process of creating the Debian binary packages?  I have
> successfully compiled the "gnustep-base" 1.24.0-1ubuntu1 source package in
> Ubuntu for at
> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnustep-base/1.24.0-1ubuntu1 for amd64
> on Quantual (Ubuntu 12.10).  It seems to be working great.
>
> I can successfully compile and install the source-code using the
> "dpkg-buildpackage" tool.
>
> I was just looking for some pointers on the process of packaging up the
> compiled code into apt-get binary packages like you have done for all of
> these packages.
>
> If I can get them into a binary package I would be glad to make the package
> available for download if anyone is interested.

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand what your asking for.

I'm not using the source packages but a copy of the latest source code
I can find for every package (from svn, cvs, tar.gz etc). I then add the
necessary debian/* files, gathered from an existing package when
possible or created, and use the pdebuild tool to build each package
in a chroot.

When all .deb are built, the following commands are run :

apt-ftparchive packages . > Packages
apt-ftparchive contents . > Contents
apt-ftparchive release . > Release
gpg -abs --yes -q -o Release.gpg Release

I should probably build source packages and then binary packages from
those but I already had a hard time to put this together so I'm not
going to change my setup right now :)

Anyway, I just built the packages for Quantal amd64, you can find them
here (they are untested) :

http://coyote.octets.fr/pub/gnustep/packages/quantal/amd64/

You can use the following apt source :
deb http://coyote.octets.fr/pub/gnustep/packages/quantal/amd64/ ./

Let me now if you test them.

Thanks,
Philippe
--
Sans le kangourou, l'homme n'aurait jamais su qu'il ne possede pas de poche
marsupiale. Alexandre Vialatte